Senior Manager Enterprise Risk (Groupwide) DIR
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
This role is an outstanding opportunity to personally be involved in Credit Suisse's regulatory stress testing, to assess the Bank's capital adequacy and assess its earnings volatility while shaping and managing the risk appetite of Credit Suisse Group, its Divisions and Subsidiaries.
As a part of our team you will have the chance to build a vast network and have exposure to senior partners across the bank. As part of the Enterprise Strategic Risk department you will in particular be responsible for:
- Based on Business Strategy and Financial Plan assess CS Group's risk affordability and risk appetite for scenario and economic risk capital metrics
- Challenging risk appetite partners on their requested level of risk appetite
- Liaising with senior partners (i.e. Divisional/LE CROs, Finance & Business) explaining risk metric movements and drivers of the various models used within Risk; explain risk model linkage to capital, earnings, limit setting and the risk appetite process
- Researching and developing appropriate methodologies and processes to establish required capitalization for key risks
- Coordinate with functional areas (e.g. market risk, credit risk) within CRO and CFO (e.g. divisional CFO, FP&A) to fully understand portfolio and methodology drivers. Explain loss drivers in simple and succinct manner to business partners.
- Review and challenge existing methodologies and results. Ensure comprehensive coverage and considerations are in place across all risk classes. Initiate and provide solutions for developing stress testing framework.
- Run ad-hoc risk analytics for risk appetite and related areas based on senior management requests
- Preparing high quality presentations and analysis for a diverse audience from senior management, to senior risk management committees and non-risk forums
- Preparing of various regulatory submission material on ICAAP to FINMA, Fed and other supervisory colleges
- Extensive work experience in Risk and/or Finance divisions within financial institution with good investment banking and/or private banking product knowledge.
- A degree-level education (or equivalent) in a numerate subject area. Professional or post-graduate qualifications within a relevant field i.e. ACA/ACCA, CFA, FRM would be an added advantage
- Good experience in dealing with Regulators. Involvement in ICAAP regulatory submissions would be a plus!
- Detailed understanding of broad risk measurement frameworks, including Market Risk (e.g. VaR), Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Business Risk as it applies to Private/Retail Banking or to Investment Banking. Excellent understanding of capital framework and liquidity metrics.
- Confident to independently develop and run analytical analysis on new topics, thereby showing enthusiasm to acquire new skills and know-how
- Detailed understanding of balance sheet accounting consolidation/non-consolidation rules, firm-level financial ratios and typical strategic financial objectives/targets
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in English. Ability to present result in clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work under stress and fast paced environment to meet tight deadline, with strong control approach.
- Ability to operate autonomously, to drive multiple projects/tasks forward in parallel and to produce an end state product that can be presented to higher management with less required revision
- Exhibit good partner management and negotiation skills to ensure that task owners deliver on their commitments
- Prior experience within a risk department of a large bank or a consultancy firm
- Hardworking individual with good interpersonal skills
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application. Avoid subjective or ambiguous criteria
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success