Senior ESG equity investment analyst - Asset Manager - London
A large and prestigious name in Equity investing is currently looking to add a senior investment analyst to their investment team.
You will take the lead ESG Research on a sector basis advising the fixed income and equity analysts/ PM's on the material ESG risks on a sector level.
The firm have a well developed ESG framework and are therefore looking for an analyst capable of making recommendations across their asset classes and articulate what ESG considerations the team should take. Responsibilities include:
• Company Management meetings with the equity/fixed income investment team.
• Advising on the environmental and social risks and what might be the earnings impact be on companies invested in.
• Alignment of research to the clients requirements
• Work with invested companies on ESG matters such as diversity and governance and also lead the proxy voting activities on behalf of the firm.
• ESG scoring for target investment companies
The ideal candidate will have experience working in equity research (Buy or sell side) and have made a gradual shift towards an ESG centric role. This is a senior position reporting into the global head of ESG in the US. In order to apply you should have:
• 7-15 years experience working within an equity research/investment setting
• A demonstrable interest in ESG
• An ability to translate ESG into equity and credit investing
• Understanding of structural growth areas in the industry
• Specific experience working in the equity research technology sector is a plus.
• Current experience having ESG as part of your research process and knowledge of how to integrate it into equity research
The client is specifically looking for equity research or investment expertise therefore this role would not suit an individual with pure stewardship/governance or sustainability experience.